NSI is a post-16 training provider for young people with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) from Hull and the East Riding. Ideally, you’ll join us from college and be ready to progress into your future career, but you can also start after school if you’re ready to take the next step.
To be suitable for NSI you must:
- Be age 16 – 25
- Have an EHCP plan
- Put down NSI in your EHCP review – more details of how to apply below
- Access entry Level 3 upwards for Maths and English
- Be willing to continue with Maths and English in Phase 1 and Phase 2; both in a ‘classroom’ and in a workplace setting
- Readily accept adult instruction and authority in your current setting
- Have some experience of independent travel; although we will support this and offer advice ahead of your application
- Have the desire to work and be work-ready, with support
- Communicate your preferences sufficiently to help us job match
How to apply
To join NSI, you’ll need to apply through your EHCP review.
If you, your tutors or SENCO have any queries, you can contact James Berridge, Head of Northcott Supported Internships on 07935 147739 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re in Year 11 or at college, your careers advisor or Connexions service will be able to help advise you on what steps to take next. We’re also listed on Log On Move On, so you can apply online here.
If you have any questions or would like to visit us to find out more – please get in touch and we can arrange for you to come in and meet our team.